• The mission of GMI is to educate, train, and prepare students to excel at careers in music which reﬂect the diversity of expression and opportunities that deﬁne today’s music industry.
• To bridge the gap between Indian classical/folk and contemporary music, through our unique teaching methodology which preserves the traditional Indian pedagogy (Guru-shishya parampara) while also expanding on and incorporating modern classroom teaching giving
students an in-depth view of both subjects and a much broader perspective.
• To provide international standard music education at an affordable price to both local and international students.
• To develop a music community within India and abroad, bringing together artists to collaborate and express their musical vision.
• To promote music as a medium for healing and social change.
Global Music Institute brings a distinctive and modern approach to music education in India. Our curriculum is comprehensive in its true sense, with an in-depth study of Indian Classical and Folk music, the tradition and the root of our musical expression along with a broad range of musical genres including Jazz, Rock, Pop, Blues, Western Classical, and World Music, which are an integral part of the Indian music industry today. It also incorporates music technology and music business management, which we believe is very essential for today’s working
GMI has a diverse international faculty coming from various stylistic and cultural backgrounds. Private lessons, music forums, ensemble workshops, and performances by faculty and visiting artists will broaden the student's perspective and foster the spirit of musical and personal growth.
119 Vinoba Puri, Lajpat Nagar 2, New Delhi 110024
+91 11 4601 6840