Concerts Norway (Rikskonsertene) is a governmental institution that is financed by and operates under the Ministry of Culture in Norway. The organization holds approximately 10,000 concerts annually throughout the whole of Norway and employs around 1,000 professional musicians annually. Concerts Norway also collaborates with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and, with funding from the latter, they carry out programs in more than 10 countries. Concerts Norway has since 2002 had a musical collaboration with India. The main pillars of this collaboration are concerts for jazz, rock and metal.
RIKSKONSERTENE JAZZ CONCERTS & PROJECTS IN INDIA
- Jazz trio - Arild Andersen, Tommy Smith and Paolo Vinaccia, February and March 2013
- Mathias Eick, October 2012
- OK World feat. Bugge Wesseltoft and Shri, and musicians from all over the world, April 2012
- Food, in collaboration with sitar player Ravi Chary, July 2010
- Droolian (beatbox), in collaboration with Yuva (jazz fusion), April 2010